Sunday, July 19, 2009

Northern Territory Orienteering Championships


The Top End Orienteers (TEO) put on a terrific 3 day event at the beginning of the month. I was the top ranking Uringan in all events...as I was the only one of us there. (This is a corollary to my long term strategy of orienteering until there is no one left alive in my age class.) The good news for me though was that I actually came first in my age class in the sprint around Charles Darwin University - the 'practice' run around Newcastle University as part of QBIII was clearly good training.
TEO provided not only orienteering, but also airplanes, history, music and great food. The photos http://www.topend.nt.orienteering.asn.au/NTchamps09/photos.html tell the story. (Photo above thanks to TEO.)

1 comment:

R Pallas said...

Great strategy
I am using the Stephen Bradbury strategy- wait for all my competitors to die and ten i will be a winner!